Frequently Asked Questions...
A method for submitting FAQ here?
TOP TEN (samples for now):
- What is the Bay Area Science Education Collaboratory?
The Hewlett Web Collaboratory is a consortium of 6th grade teachers and science museum educators working together to make excellent online science materials easily accessible to all California science teachers regardless of their degree of tech savvy and science knowledge.
- What is the relationship between the member organizations (The Tech, Exploritorium, Chabot , UCMP)?
The Hewlett Web Collaboratory is linking the museums with one another through a common portal that defines how their various science offerings fit in with 6th grade public school science curriculum.
- What is the relationship between the teachers and the organizations?
The teachers are learning more about the museums so that they can help the Hewlett Web Collaboratory select appropriate education materials and, more importantly, deliver them in such a way that they can be used just-in-time, with little preparation by busy science teachers.
- As you are following state standards. Is there state envolvment in the project?
- What is the goal of the project?
The overarching goal is to improve students' science learning at the critical juncture at the beginning of middle school. This project will realize that goal by helping teachers access innovative, lively, easy-to-implement projects that are already available through local museums.
- Who has funded the project? How long will the project last?
- How do you measure success?
- How can teachers of 6th grade science use this website to assist their teaching?
- How can outside teachers and organizations participate?
Our website will be made available to teachers and organizations throughout the world via various teachers communities such as Tapped In, US Department of Education, etc. Anyone will be able to access this portal.
- How can "fun and engaging science activities" be designed to help students meet science standards?
- How can other foundations contribute to the program?
Contact Ted Kahn <Ted@designworlds.com>.